2.11.2007

Episode 1

So the cast has been revealed and the game is on. Looks like a lot of new faces, to me anyway. Could someone update me on who has played in previous Ryan or Travis games just so I can get an idea?


I see Padraig and Heidi back from omc3. I was excited about Heidi, but it appears she has gone inactive for the second game in a row? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me...


Uh, I guess I'll keep my opinions about Padraig's performance in omc3 to myself. I'll just say that his gameplay is 100% predictable and not very exciting or impressive. In omc3 he latched on to David as the mole the very first week (partially due to a small mistake by David and partially just to luck) and never even thought about changing his choice. I hate "strategies" that do that. Expect him to do exactly the same here.


That is the very reason why moles cannot do very much sabotaging in episode one. Sure, it'd be memorable for a mole to go all out, make a dramatic huge fake sabotage episode one, and paint a perfect picture as a fake wannabe mole who is just out for attention. This might absolutely convince 80% of the players that this Mole is nothing but an idiotic, attention-whoring fake... but one or two boring players will take it at face value and put them down as their mole for the rest of the game. They will not waiver or adjust ever and that Mole is screwed. As brilliant as it may be, the Mole cannot afford to have one person latch onto them the whole game, so the Mole can't take that strategy from day one and instead has to start more subtlely.


However, looking at the pot from episode 1, maybe the Mole is doing just fine as is... however I suspect that unfortunately might be due to inactivity and lack of connection with the game rather than mole sabotage. That's unfortunate, but I bet the game will pick up soon. It does look like however that some fantastic applicants were left in the dust... I'm all for continuing omc traditions, but not fanatically so. There's no reason why omc5 has to be a carbon copy of past omcs. Keep what works, change what doesn't and introduce some new life into things. Variety is the spice of life. =)


I'm getting to know the new players through their blogs and the competitions so I don't have too many thoughts on that at the moment. Keep your blogs updated and be as active as you can and I'm sure this will be a fantastic game.


PS: That Paranoia wikipedia article that Travis posted in his first post? I got it deleted, mwhahaha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home